- High-quality sound, high output power, and low power consumption with an efficient Class-D Amplifier by
- ABLETEC, Norway.
- USB cable connection for a fully digital path from any PC, allowing playback of better-than-CD quality sound.
- BurrBrown PCM5102 D/A Converter for various types of digital audio formats.
- Large number of Input/Output connectors allows users to integrate with full-scale hi-fi system.
- A Toroidal-Core Power Transformer for stable current supply.
- Full-metal jacket. Gorgeous aluminum panels for front, top and sides. Small footprint fits your desktop.
- ALC0180 Class-D Power Amplifier by ABLETEC, Norway
- 90W/ch of output power (at 4 ohms impedance)
- Supports up to 24bit/192kHz USB Audio input
- Supports up to 24bit/192kHz Coaxial S/PDIF digital audio input
- Supports up to 24bit/96kHz Optical S/PDIF digital audio input
- Internal 32bit processing on the BurrBrown PCM5102 D/A Converter
- Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- Schottky Barrier diodes for power supply circuits
- Full-metal body
- Dual analog level meters with dimmable backlight
- Headphone amplifier that employs two operational amplifiers
- 1 USB Audio input
- 2 Optical S/PIDF digital inputs
- 1 Coaxial S/PDIF digital input
- 2 RCA analog line inputs
- Screw-type speaker terminals (AWG8 compatible)
- Headphone out
- Aluminum-weighted volume knob
- Remote control
- 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable
After month of technical research for an amp with high-quality sound and high output power to drive a full-scale speaker system with low power consumption, the ALC0180 Digital Power Amplifier module, manufactured by ABLETEC, Norway, was decided on to compliment the AI-501DA. Delivering a maximum of 90W + 90W of output power at a maximum 55W of power consumption, users are able to enjoy powerful sound without hesitation. Furthermore this next generation integrated amplifier consumes only 10W in idling mode, and 0.2W at power-saving standby mode.
Just connecting a USB cable between any Mac/Windows-PC and the AI-501DA, a variety of audio formats can be transferred in a fully digital manner. Once the driver software is installed, your playlist iTunes or Windows Media Player turn into part of your high-quality audio system. This allows 24bit/192kHz data transfer mode reduces jitter noise while the digital data travels along the USB cable.
The AI-501DA employs the highly celebrated BurrBrown PCM5102, allowing 32bit processing across the USB audio input, Optical and Coaxial digital inputs. Parts were carefully selected for the analog circuits. The unit utilizes high-quality operational-amplifiers and electrolytic capacitors already proven on previous high-end models.
An over-sized Toroidal-core power transformer helps deliver high-quality sound without sacrificing energy-efficiency and the unit’s compact dimensions. Conventional diodes produce rectification noise that negatively affects the sound of other units. To combat this, TEAC installed Schottky Barrier Diodes to supply a cleaner internal current and reduce rectification noise.
Exclusive Operational Amplifier on Each Channel
The AI-501DA is also designed for headphone listening, as well as speaker listening. An exclusive operational amplifier is employed on each channel. Conventional hi-fi systems only use a single operational amplifier for both channels.
Effort to eliminate the signal to noise ratio and ensure high-quality audio playback mean nothing with a noisy cooling fan. To reach both goals to attain high performance and compact dimensions, TEAC carefully arranged the inner-workings to eliminate the need of a fan. There are two parameters that conflict with efficient heat dissipation, the circuit design and chassis design. After careful strategy, effective placement of potential heat-generating components allows this high-performance compact amplifier to operate without cooling fan.
Not only the front panel, both side and top panels are made of aluminum panels and attached to a robust steel chassis. These heavy parts eliminate vibrations, and allow all internal circuits to always perform under stable conditions. An A4-size body allows users to place the unit small spaces. The AI-501DA defines a new standard that fits all modern interior with great space-saving design and a timeless presence.
The AI-501DA provides sufficient number of audio inputs allowing users to integrate full-scale hi-fi systems with both existing and future expansions. The device is equipped with two optical inputs and one coaxial input, along with two analog (two stereo) audio inputs. A set of large biding-post speaker terminals accommodates high-grade speaker cables up to AWG8 grade. A detachable AC cable with a 3-polar socket also allows user to upgrade to a high-grade AC cable.
A firm-torqued volume with a machined aluminum knob, and toggle type main power switch give the user assured operation. The remote control gives the unit an elegant appearance and very precise volume control, paces of approximately 1.5dB. To help contribute to the musical atmosphere is the classiest characteristic of the AI-501DA, the dimmable backlight, and dual analog meters.