The TEAC HR Audio Player Unlocker (paid app) is available to unlock the function limitations and enable native playback(†3) of FLAC, DSD and other high-resolution formats when using USB-DAC devices not made by TEAC.
†1 When using the headphone jack of an Android device to output playback, files with resolutions of PCM 88.2kHz and higher will be downsampled to 44.1kHz. †2 The supported TEAC models are HA-P50, HA-P50SE, HA-P90SD and HA-P5 (as of July 2016). †3 If the USB-DAC does not support the sampling rate of the playback file, it will be downconverted when being played.
The graphic equalizer allows up to 16,384 bands to be adjusted and up to 1000 equalizer curves to be saved and loaded. In addition, the linear-phase FIR filter prevents phase distortion and other audio quality degradation, allowing you to adjust the sound as you like without reducing the quality of the audio. By pinching to zoom the display, you can smoothly make precise equalization adjustments.
By using an OTG (On The Go) cable to digitally connect a portable amplifier or other device made by TEAC, high-resolution playback and other functions will be unlocked, enabling playback of PCM 192kHz/24-bit and DSD 5.6MHz high-density, high-resolution files.
- HA-P50, HA-P50SE: Support playback of PCM files with resolutions up to 96kHz/24-bit (When connected using AOA (Android Open Accessory) 2.0, playback of PCM files is limited to resolutions up to 48kHz/16-bit.)
- HA-P90SD, HA-P5: Support playback of PCM files with resolutions up to 192kHz/24-bit and DSD files up to 5.6MHz.
TEAC HR Audio Player for Android is available at Google Play Store free of charge.
- High-precision graphic equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
- Automatic upsampling
- Crossfade playback option
- Album artwork and lyrics display
- Resume playback
- Shuffle playback (tracks in same list)
- Repeat playback (one track or all tracks in same list)
- Real-time DSD conversion (supported on paid version or unlocked by HA-P5, HA-P50/SE, HA-P90SD)
- “Playlist” and “playback queue list” that can be created easily by adding tracks (playlists that mix High-resolution audio sources and other audio sources can be created)
- Android device volume keys can adjust the USB audio device volume (not supported with HA-P50, HA-P50SE, HA-P90SD, HA-P5)
- MP3/AAC (up to 48kHz)
- DSF/DSDIFF (2.8/3/5.6/6/11.2MHz, PCM conversion/DoP output)
- FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 384kHz), Ogg Vorbis (up to 192kHz)
When unlocked, files with resolutions of 88.2kHz and higher will be downsampled to 44.1kHz or 48kHz. Files that are protected by DRM cannot be played back.
When outputting DSF, DSDIFF and other DSD formats using DoP, the equalizer and crossfade functions will be disabled. In addition, the frequency response will not be shown.
Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese (simplified/traditional)
Requirements: Android 4.1 ~ Android 7.0