- Portable headphone amplifier with built-in DAC for enjoying high sound quality headphone listening, both indoors and outdoors
- Accepts a digital input via USB from iPhone or Android* devices (*AOA2.0-compatible Android handsets)
- 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution playback from iPhone and other iOS devices (with no Apple Camera Connection Kit needed when using the TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS high-resolution audio playback app)
- An optical digital input jack allows direct connection to portable audio players or CD/DVD/Blu-ray players
- HIGH/LOW output gain sector
- 21.7mm thick flat-profile design; sturdy aluminum body
- USB-rechargeable Li-ion battery (continuous battery life approx. 8 hours) with auto power save function
- Digital input from iPhone or Android devices
- Custom iOS application TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS (free to download) offers 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio playback (No Apple Camera Connection Kit needed)
- High 160mW + 160mW output gain (at 32Ω load)
- Low 0.001% distortion (at 100mW + 100 mW output)
- Built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 high-performance D/A converter
- Discrete output amp section based on a push-pull circuit
- High quality OP1652 operational amplifier
- HIGH/LOW gain selector
- USB input from PC (24-bit/96kHz maximum)
- Works in conjunction with the TEAC HR Audio Player app for PC/Mac (free to download) to deliver high-resolution audio playback
- Combination optical digital/AUDIO IN input
- 3.5mm stereo mini headphone output
- Slim 21.7mm thick (max) design; sturdy full aluminum body
- Internal rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery with continuous battery life of approximately 8 hours
- Supplied with rubber fixing straps for securing HA-50 to iPhone or Android handsets
- Auto power save function
Fitted with a 160mW + 160mW high-output power amplifier (at 32Ω load). Lets you drive 600Ω-class headphones at full power.
The built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter is capable of processing digital audio signals up to maximum 24-bit/96kHz resolution
The HA-P50 is the ideal headphone amplifier for the audiophile on the go. Allows you to take that great Reference 501-grade headphone listening experience outdoors and enjoy it wherever you want to go. Packs a high-performance digital-to-analog adapter and high specification power amplifier circuit into a compact body, to bring out the very best from quality headphones.
Digital audio signals stored in your iOS device or Android are extracted digitally via USB and processed through the HA-50’s high-performance built-in digital-to-analog converter, with minimal sound degradation and allowing the purest playback quality, with maximum fidelity. The HA-P50 can be used with the free TEAC HR Audio Player app for high-resolution 24bit/96kHz audio playback for iPhones and other iOS-based devices… there’s no need to buy a separate adapter (such as the Apple Camera Connection Kit) in order to connect. Also comes with rubber fixing straps for securing it to an iPhone or Android handset, making the HA-P50 very easy to carry around.
*1: AOA2.0 compatible Android phone handset
*2: TEAC HR Audio Player can be downloaded for free from the App store.
Uses a top-flight OPA 1652 operational amplifier to process audio signals with maximum purity. The discrete push-pull circuit achieves a very low distortion rate of 0.001% (at 100mW + 100mW output) which IC-based amplifier headphone circuits cannot match, thanks to meticulous component selection and an absolute insistence on sound quality. Every lesson TEAC has learnt about amplifier sound quality has been applied to the HA-501 in the pursuit of the very best listening experience, one that’s wholly uncompromised in a mobile environment.
Fitted with a high/low gain selector which enables output gain to be matched to the impedance of the headphone being used. An indispensible feature for those who use top quality high-impedance headphones.
The HA-P50 accepts input from your computer via USB. Capable of high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz sound source playback when used with the TEAC HR Audio Player app (frre to download) installed on your Windows PC/Macintosh.
This versatile portable audio player is fitted with an optical digital input terminal (*) that can be connected to a home audio system. The HA-P50 creates a high quality digital audio playback environment. With its dual-function AUDIO IN port * for analog audio, the HA-P50 takes input from non-digital audio players and passes it through its sophisticated amplifier circuits, letting you enjoy a high quality headphone listening environment wherever you are.
* A combined optical digital input and analog AUDIO IN terminal that self-detects incoming signals.
Constructed from durable aluminium, the HA-P50’s compact, flat body measures just 21.7mm thick (at its widest point), ideal for mobile environments where toughness, small size and lightness are essential. Designed from the outset for mobile use, its compact aluminium volume knob has just the right torque to allow fine volume adjustment. Raised guards on either side prevent accidental volume changes when the HA-50 is being carried in a pocket or bag, as well as protecting headphone plugs from bumps.
The HA-P50 has a built-in 2100mAh Li-ion battery, allowing a maximum of 8 hours of continuous battery life (with digital connections) and the included USB-A type DC cable allows recharging from a computer’s USB port. A separately sold TASCAM PS-P515U AC adapter allows rapid recharging from wall/mains power, if required. Thanks to its auto power save function, the unit goes into sleep mode after 30 minutes if it has failed to detect a sound signal, or if there’s no headphone jack plugged into the headphone port.