- Portable headphone amplifier with built-in DAC for enjoying high sound quality headphone listening, both indoors and outdoors
- Accepts a digital input via USB from iPhone or Android* devices (*AOA2.0-compatible Android handsets)
- 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution playback from iPhone and other iOS devices (with no Apple Camera Connection Kit needed when using the TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS high-resolution audio playback app)
- An optical digital input jack allows direct connection to portable audio players or CD/DVD/Blu-ray players
- HIGH/LOW output gain sector
- 21.7mm thick flat-profile design; sturdy aluminum body
- USB-rechargeable Li-ion battery (continuous battery life approx. 8 hours) with auto power save function
- Digital input from iPhone or Android devices
- 3.5mm stereo mini headphone output
- Custom iOS application TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS (free to download) offers 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio playback
- Works in conjunction with the TEAC HR Audio Player app for PC/Mac (free to download) to deliver high-resolution audio playback
- High 160mW + 160mW output gain (at 32Ω load)
- Built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 high-performance D/A converter
- Discrete output amp section based on a push-pull circuit
- High quality OPA1602 operational amplifier
- HIGH/LOW gain selector
- USB input from PC (24-bit/96kHz maximum)
- Combination optical digital/AUDIO IN input
- Slim 21.7mm thick design; sturdy full aluminum body
- Internal rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery with continuous battery life of approximately 8 hours
- Supplied with rubber fixing straps for securing HA-P50SE to iPhone or Android handsets
- Auto power save function
The HA-P50SE is the ideal headphone amplifier for the audiophile on the go. Allows you to take that great Reference 501-grade headphone listening experience outdoors and enjoy it wherever you want to go. Packs a high-performance digital-to-analog adapter and high specification power amplifier circuit into a compact body, to bring out the very best from quality headphones.
Digital audio signals stored in your iOS device or Android are extracted digitally via USB and processed through the HA-50SE’s high-performance built-in digital-to-analog converter, with minimal sound degradation and allowing the purest playback quality, with maximum fidelity. The HA-P50SE can be used with the free TEAC HR Audio Player app for high-resolution 24bit/96kHz audio playback for iPhones and other iOS-based devices… there’s no need to buy a separate adapter in order to connect. Also comes with rubber fixing straps for securing it to an iPhone or Android handset, making the HA-P50SE very easy to carry around.
*1: AOA2.0 compatible Android phone handset
*2: TEAC HR Audio Player can be downloaded for free from the App store.
The built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter is capable of processing digital audio signals up to maximum 24-bit/96kHz resolution
Fitted with a 160mW + 160mW high-output power amplifier (at 32Ω load). Lets you drive 600Ω-class headphones at full power.
Uses a top-flight OPA 1602 operational amplifier to process audio signals with maximum purity. The discrete push-pull circuit achieves a very low distortion which IC-based amplifier headphone circuits cannot match, thanks to meticulous component selection and an absolute insistence on sound quality. Every lesson TEAC has learnt about amplifier sound quality has been applied to the HA-501 in the pursuit of the very best listening experience, one that’s wholly uncompromised in a mobile environment..
This versatile portable audio player employs an optical digital input terminal (*) that can be connected to a home audio system. The HA-P50SE creates a high quality digital audio playback environment. With its dual-function AUDIO IN port (*) for analog audio, the HA-P50SE takes input from non-digital audio players and passes it through its sophisticated amplifier circuits, letting you enjoy a high quality headphone listening environment wherever you are.
* A combined optical digital input and analog AUDIO IN terminal that self-detects incoming signals.
Fitted with a high/low gain selector which enables output gain to be matched to the impedance of the headphone being used. An indispensible feature for those who use top quality high-impedance headphones.
The HA-P50SE accepts input from your computer via USB. Capable of high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz sound source playback when used with the TEAC HR Audio Player app (free to download) installed on your Windows PC/Macintosh.
The HA-P50SE is a special edition that employs polished chamfer-edge “diamond-cut” on the edges of the volume knob, and both top and bottom panels, while the side-guard metal parts are finished with noble white silver, giving the HA-P50SE more elegant appearance. Constructed from durable aluminum, the HA-P50SE’s compact, flat body measures just 21.7mm thick, ideal for mobile environments where toughness, small size and lightness are essential. Designed from the outset for mobile use, its compact aluminum volume knob has just the right torque to allow fine volume adjustment. Raised side-guards on either side prevent accidental volume changes when the HA-50SE is being carried in a pocket or bag, as well as protecting headphone plugs from bumps.
The HA-P50SE has a built-in 2100mAh Li-ion battery, allowing a maximum of 8 hours of continuous battery life (with digital connections) and the included USB-A type DC cable allows recharging from a computer’s USB port. A separately sold TASCAM PS-P515U AC adapter allows rapid recharging from wall/mains power, if required. Thanks to its auto power save function, the unit goes into sleep mode after 30 minutes if it has failed to detect a sound signal, or if there’s no headphone jack plugged into the headphone port.