You can record from the analog inputs while monitoring the level on the front-panel fluorescent display. Compact discs are clamped onto a center-mounted drive mechanism for minimal vibration, reducing jitter distortion for clearer sound.
As well as the previous CD-RW890, the CD-RW890MKII also functions as a full-featured CD player, with multiple playback modes and a S/PDIF optical input. It includes a wireless remote control. There’s no more affordable CD recording than from the industry leader, TEAC’s CD-RW890MKII. And new feature, “Time-based Track Creation” is available on CD-RW890mkII.
- Record CD-R/RW discs from the external devices
- Auto track function senses the track intervals and increments track numbers
- Synchronous recording function (at the digital input only)
- Auto sampling rate converter compatible with a wide range of digital audio sources
- FL display with level meter essential for recording level adjustments
- Program playback function (32 tracks)
- Repeat playback function (single/all/A-B)
- Shuffle playback function
- 1/4″ (6.35mm) Headphone jack with volume control
- Infra-red Remote control
- Playback: Audio CD, Audio CD-R/CD-RW (12cm, 8cm)
- Recording: Audio CD-R, Audio CD-RW
- Recording file type: Audio CD 44.1kHz, 16bit, Stereo, Input Sampling rate 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz (at playback, +/-1.5dB), 20Hz – 20kHz (at recording, +/-2.0dB)
- S/N ratio: 90dB or more (at playback/digital recording), 80dB or more (at analog recording)
- THD: 0.05% or less (at playback/recording
- WOW and Flutter: Below measurable limits
- Digital input Optical (TOS) x1
- Analog input RCA x1, Input voltage 0.5Vrms
- Analog output RCA x1, Output current voltage 2.0Vrms
- Headphone output 6.3mm stereo jack
The CD-RW890MKII equips Digital Optical input port and Analog Line input RCA ports. This product is capable of recording to audio CD-R/RW media from both analog and digital audio sources.* The CD-RW890MKII digital input supports PCM 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz sampling rate, and records with 44.1kHz automatically, that is the standard of audio CD sampling rate.
* SCMS (Serial Copy Management System) digital copy control may prevent digital dubbing.
And the recording level can be adjusted only when the INPUT SELECT is “ANALOG”, and you can monitor the input source via the PHONES jack and the output terminals
Auto track is a handy feature that detects silent intervals when dubbing records or cassettes to CD-R/RW, automatically incrementing track numbers. This significantly reduces the time and labor associated with manually assigning individual track numbers while listening to each track.
* Track numbers may not be assigned correctly if the silent interval is very short or if tracks feature excessive noise.
With the display and power switch on the left and the control buttons and headphone jack located on the right, the design ensures ease of use. The CD drive is located in the center to minimize unwanted vibrations that could affect audio quality.
This handy feature begins recording automatically on receiving an audio signal (analog or digital) from a device like a CD or MD player, then halts recording when the signal stops.
This method is preferred in some applications – such as conference recording, when there is no gap between segments (like when recording music).