- A lavishing Class-A Amplifier for superior sound quality. (Full-analog Dual Monaural Discrete design)
- Active DC Servo Technology to eliminate Offset Electrical Potential, to achieve stable drive
- Switchable Damping Factor, to dive diaphragm under the best conditions. (5 positions)
- 1,400mA/ch (32 ohm loaded) of high output power to drive a high impedance headphones as high as 600 ohms
- A Toroidal-Core Power Transformer for stable current supply
- Full-metal jacket. Gorgeous aluminum panels for front top and sides. Small footprint fits your desktop
- Full analog circuit design
- Discrete design Class-A Amplifier
- Dual Monaural design
- Active DC Servo technology
- Dual MUSES8920 Op-amps for Left and Right channels
- 1,400mW + 1,400mW Output Power (at 32 ohms)
- Damping Factor Selector
- Over-sized Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- Full-metal Jacket, Rigid construction
- A pair of XLR connectors by Neutrik for balanced audio input
- 2 pair of RCA pin connectors for unbalanced audio input on rear (Gold-plated)
- 1 stereo audio input on front (1/8” or 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- 1 stereo headphone out on front (1/4” or 6.35mm Stereo Jack)
- 1 pair of RCA pin connectors for stereo unbalanced audio output (Gold-plated)
- Switchable output line level (Fixed, Variable, Off)
- ±15V high voltage operation current achieved high S/N ratio
- Precisely machined aluminum knobs (Volume, Input Selector, Damping Factor Selector)
- Auto-muting when headphone plug is disconnected
- A 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable
In general, a headphone output from conventional hi-fi components does not allow even high-quality headphones to perform at their peak potential. The same way one chooses an amplifier to match with your favorite speakers, it is very important to choose an appropriate headphone amplifier that matches your favorite headphones. A headphone amplifier is a “must-have” listening device for audiophiles.
In order to develop a first-class low distortion Class-A headphone amplifier, TEAC held a series of sound evaluations during the development. These tests led to the careful choosing of parts and discrete circuit design. In addition, like most full-size hi-fi components, in order to eliminate Offset Electrical Potential, Active DC Servo Technology is utilized.
An over-sized Toroidal-core power transformer is also employed to supply stable current to the every part of the circuit.
In regards to the circuit design, each channel is completely designed on an individual basis to avoid signal interface to/from another. This contribution eliminates cross-talk, crucial headphone listening.
A couple of MUSES8920 Op-Amp chip-sets are designed for high-end audio. Employed individually on the Left and Right channels, they help achieve superior sound.
The HA-501 achieves a remarkable 1,400mW output power per channel at 32 ohms impedance. The device delivers not only enough power to drive standard headphones with an impedance range from 80 to 250 ohms, but also high-class 600 ohms hi-fi headphones.
Each pair of headphones has its Damping Factor, a resisting force against non-intentional movement of the diaphragm moving air forwards and backwards as sound. The value of the Damping Factor varies model by model, as diaphragms are made by different materials, in different shapes or different construction designs. Since headphones’ diaphragms are activated by a very small current compared to conventional speakers, the damping factor increases, the sound is lean and crisp, and has a close relationship with headphones’ impedance. Therefore, selecting the right Damping Factor is crucial in order for your headphones to perform at their peak potential. The HA-501 provides 5 selectable Damping Factors, so users have the best suited signal for multiple headphones.
Re-defining high class hi-fi components, the HA-501 has a small footprint, classy appearance and is constructed with aluminum panels to create an authentic but modern looking hi-fi component. A robust metal construction helps eliminate vibrations that may affect the sound quality. The bottom and sidewalls are formed with a steel chassis, aluminum for the front panel and the rear panel out of steel. In order to ensure its rugged design, each panel is connected with a beam that runs through the center of the unit. Normally, this type of construction is only for full-size components, particularly CD players that generate inherent motor vibrations. This construction ensures the HA-501 is an authentic hi-fi component that will last you for many years. Choose between a handsome black version and a brilliant silver version to match with any interior or design.
Another remarkable feature of the HA-501 is the user-friendly. The firm-torqued volume control allows users to adjust the volume level with ease and precision while the toggle-type power switch assures ON/OFF operation at a glance. Auto-muting function protects your ears from unexpected loud sound when switching between headphones with different levels of impedance.
On the rear panel, a pair of NEUTRIK brand XLR input connectors allow users to connect high-end components or professional audio equipment, while wider-pitch RCA pin jacks allow user to connect large-shaft RCA pin cables from other markets. A detachable type 3-polar power inlet socket is also available. On the front, a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack allows users to connect a portable music player such as an iPod, conveniently.
Line output level from the rear panel can be switched amongst “Fixed Level”, “Variable Level (coupled with volume)” and “Off”.